Mar 8, 2009

Help my kids!

IM HOME!

Iv been back for almost a month now and im still trying to get back into real life:) I miss my kids and not a day goes by that I dont think about them!

OSSO is always looking for people to sponsor the kids so that they can give the children the things they need. I have selected three kids and I am hoping to find people to sponsor these wonderful children for more information please go to




Jonathan

Jonathan has a disease called muscular dystrophy and it prevents him from walking and and he has very little mobility. When I first saw Jonathan in his wheelchair he was smiling using the little movement he has in his hands to fix a toy that had been broken. I asked Jonathan if I could help him and he quietly continued working and showed me that he could do it on his own. Jonathan worked on fixing this toy for a solid hour and never gave up. I was amazed at the persistence and dedication Jonathan was putting into fixing this toy even when it would have been easier and faster for him to just let me put it back together for him. I quickly learned that Jonathan doesn't let his disabilities get the best of him. Jonathan taught me that we all have disabilities but if we can instead focus on the the abilities of those around us then we can learn valuable lessons from the variety of people in our lives. By sponsoring him you will help Jonathan live the life that every kid deserves!


Edison



The first day I met Edison he ran up to me and gave me a tight hug and a small kiss on the cheek. I automatically fell in love with this fun eight year old boy. Edison has a form of autism and has some learning disabilities but he has enough energy for two kid. Just being around Edison I often found myself smiling and enjoying the time I was able to spend with him. He made everyday fun and I never left not laughing at something that Edison had done or said. Since Edison has some disabilities his chances for getting adopted are slim to none. By sponsoring Edison we will be able to give him the funds he needs to live.



My little Alex

Alex is my little guy. I never imagined that leaving him would be as hard as it has been for me. One of the things that keeps me going to knowing that the other volunteers will take care of him and there are people who will be able to sponsor Alex. Alex came into the orphanage about 2 weeks after I had arrived. I remember when he came in I just wanted to hold him in my arms forever but with not enough worker and volunteers for one on one time with the kids it made it very difficult. At first Alex had a hard time adjusting to life in the orphanage, competing for attention from the other kids and not having a mother anymore. I always tried to give alex extra hugs and kisses to make him feel loved and wanted. Alex soon became my little boy and I enjoyed seeing him grow. My favorite thing about alex is that he is not only constantly smiling but he always seems to be laughing. He would often run up to me with his arms open for a hug. Alex is a very sweet boy and he was always sharing toys and trying to cheer up the other kids. Please help me give Alex the best possible outlook for life by sponsoring him!!






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Heather when I was reading this it made me miss my kids so much!!! I want to go back so extremely bad I even asked how much it would be if I went for two weeks. Andrew told me yesterday that is April there are only 2 girls that are coming so far. That is going to be so rough on the girls there now. We had an awesome group I am surprised they didn't spilt us up. But maybe they didn't realize it was going to be so bad early this year. Hey my blog is jenaslife1.blogspot.com. Love ya girl miss ya, can't wait to go to Arizona to see Ashley. Man I miss her so much!

kylee said...

i love your new blog page best friend!

kylee said...

i'm commenting on this because i secretly hope you get an e-mail about this. you are going to get married! oh my goodness i still can't believe it! but when that moment comes i'm going to beg you to start blogging again. at least once a month just so i can stalk the lovely life of mrs. anderson. love you with all my heart best friend!