Jan 12, 2009

Mothers are remarkable

Being here has given me a taste of what being a mother is like. I often find myself with toy cars in both hands making noises, chasing around the kids, sometimes trying to entertain them without much success and trying to keep them from killing each other. After a days work of changing diapers, feeding food, and running around I go home with a greater appreciation for the patients of mothers. Mothers don't get to go home after a days work, they are at work fulltime with their kids. After observing this and thinking about my own wonderful mother I know that their is no greater role in life than that of motherhood.
The older I get the more I see how great my mom is. She has always put the love for her family a top priority. My mom as always made me feel loved and special. She is hands down the best!!! I have often walked past my parents room to hear them praying for me and brothers. My mom has taught me to pray, study, and teach the gospel. My mom has largely shaped who I am today and continues to inspire me. I hope to one day be able to raise my kids as she has.
When I see these kids in ecuador daily growing without mothers I am deeply saddened. Mothers are so essential to the growth of children and I pray that me along with other volunteers can act as mothers to them and show them that love. Helping these kids has given me a deeper respect for my mom and other mothers who treat motherhood as the truly divine calling that it is.

I love my mommy:)



7 comments:

Sue-Sue said...

Heather, Someday you will be an awesome mom! It is the best calling a woman can ever have.

kylee said...

Thanks for making me cry Heather! But really that was such a great post.
Love Ky

Mike N said...

You scored like 100 mega-bonus points with this post. I love your Mom too! (2 points - Mike)

Katherine said...

I really did'nt deserve that. And thanks for making me cry too. I am honnored to be your Mom, and you have taught me alot about loving others. You are awesome!!! love you girl.

Goodrich said...

Heather you are a very special girl and your mom has done a wonderful job raising such an amazing girl...motherhood is the best thing in life and one day you WILL be a wonderful mother!! love you sis!

Julie said...

I love your mom too!

Collette & Barrett Hicken said...

You are so awesome Heather! I just love you! I think you are such a neat girl and you are no doubt going to be an awesome mother. We love you and miss you!!! Take care!